Dr Craig Thompson
Dr Thompson, a graduate of Sydney University, is a very widely experienced general practitioner and has particular interest in tropical disease, chronic infections, travel medicine and tick-borne disease.
He has travelled extensively, lived and practised medicine in many countries around the world including, Germany, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Vietnam, Papua Niugini and Canada.
He has more than 40 years’ experience in general medicine including remote area and suburban general practice, acute hospital practice, acute health care, anaesthesia, hyperbaric medicine, diving medicine, medical evacuation, and tropical diseases.
Dr Thompson is currently most focused on nutritional medicine, integrative oncology and adjunctive therapy for chronic fatigue and tick borne disease, with special emphasis on hyperthermia and intravenous support.
- CTH– Certificate in Travel Health – International Society of Travel Medicine
- MPHTM - Master of Public Health & Tropical Medicine (James Cook Univ. Townsville)
- Cert. Aero-Med Evac. - Postgrad Certificate in Aero-Medical Evacuation. (Univ of Otago NZ)
- FACRRM - Fellow Australian College of Rural & Remote Medicine
- FRACGP - Fellow Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- LMCC - Licentiate Medical Council of Canada (Toronto Ontario)
- MRCGP - Member Royal College of General Practitioners [London,UK]
- ECFMG - Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates [USA]
- MBBS (Sydney) - Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery [University of Sydney, Australia]
- Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine - ACNEM
- Australian Integrative Medicine Association - AIMA
- German Society for Hyperthermia - DGHT
- International Society of Travel Medicine - ISTM
- Australasian College of Tropical Medicine - ACTM
Practice Manager and Chartered Accountant
Linda was born and bred in Singapore and has lived and worked in Singapore, Saigon, Abu Dhabi, London, Cairns and Sydney.
After graduating from high school in Singapore, Linda went on to travel the world as a flight attendant with Singapore Airlines for five years. Linda then relocated to Sydney to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of New South Wales.
Linda then went on to work for International SOS – the world’s biggest medical assistance company. She had to opportunity to work at International SOS offices in Sydney, Singapore, Saigon and London.
On returning to Australia, Linda completed the Master of Professional Accounting and Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting. Linda is now a member of the Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand.
Linda’s focus is on standards of service provision, delivery of excellent service, and ensuring a smooth day-to-day running of the clinic. Her responsibilities as practice manager cover all aspects of administration as well as financial management functions, including invoicing and supplier management.
- B Com - Bachelor of Commerce – University of New South Wales, Sydney
- MPA - Master of Professional Accounting – James Cook University, Cairns
- CA - Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting – Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand
Manilyn (Roxy) Castro
Roxy qualified as a registered nurse in the Philippines in 2006. She then worked as Registered Nurse in various hospitals in the Philippines before relocating to Australia in 2012. Roxy attended TAFE courses on arrival in Australia to further enhance her nursing knowledge. She has since obtained the Australian endorsed enrolled nurse registration and has worked with Spendelove Private Hospital, Pindara Private Hospital, St Andrew’s Lutheran Aged Care Home and Natural Vibrant Health.
As a trained nurse, Roxy has successfully completed placements in acute care settings at Pindara Private Hospital and St Andrew’s Lutheran Aged Care Home. She has demonstrated excellent patient care and communication skills that have been recognised by other health care professionals.
As a trained nurse, Roxy’s expertise includes:
- Patient care
- Administration of medications
- Assistance in first aid and emergency situations
- Cannulating patients receiving IV infusions
- Patient education on health and lifestyle issues
- Providing support for patients during rehabilitation with exercise and pain management program
- Wound care, including dressing changes
- Administering oxygen to patients
- Trained technician for whole body hyperthermia machine
Roxy comes to us with a wealth of experience, a caring disposition and a determination to assist patients in need of treatment and specialised care.
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) – Medina College, Philippines
- Diploma in Nursing – TAFE, Queensland
Rhiannon was born in regional NSW and after graduating from her Higher School Certificate relocated to the Gold Coast in early 2011 to seek further opportunity.
Having worked in medical reception and thus gaining valuable experience, Rhiannon is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Nursing at Griffith University.
She is passionate about providing exceptional patient care and ensuring patients and their families are as comfortable as possible when visiting our clinic.
Rhiannon's priority is to assist with any clinic enquiries, appointments and general billing.